Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Hello..Hope you all are doing well! Tomorrow is Don's birthday and I made him a batch of snickerdoodles tonight. They turned out wonderful! Just thought I'd share the recipe with you all! Have a great night!! ~Heather
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
2. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
4. Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
5. Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
7. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
8. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
9. Remove from pan immediately.