Follow me and I'll be happy to follow you, too!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Fleece Tie Blanket~Great Gift Idea

Happy Friday, friends!  Hope everyone has had a great week. Today I have a quick project to share with you all and it makes a great gift idea.. fleece tie blankets!  Not only do I love paper crafts, but I love many other crafts, as well. I just like being creative period! :) As you all know by now that I love owls. Well, I also have another addiction that I haven't mentioned. Strawberry Shortcake! lol I grew up playing with those doll and now my oldest daughter loves them, too. So here is what I made..
If you haven't ever made one before, you should! They are so easy and people love them. You can either buy a "kit" with the 2 pieces of fleece included already cut to the same size or you can decide what size you want to make it and just choose 2 pieces of fleece and have them cut at the same size. Keep in mind you will be cutting around all of the edges so leave extra room for the "ties".

 Just in case you want a little tutorial I will share a few photos with you. You put the 2 pieces of fleece together with the sides you want showing facing out. Line them up and then you cut off all corners like this..
 It does not have to be perfect. As you can see, mine is not even close! lol After cutting all of the corners, you start cutting the fringe part that you will tie. I just use my Fiskars scissors but you can also use a rotary cutter. Here's what it should look like..
Then you start tying. Make sure you have them lined up right. One time when I got to the very last strips to tie, I realized I had messed up..not good! Un- doing all of the ties is a pain in the behind! lol Here's what the ties look like..
After you get the strips/fringe all tied..you are done!


 How easy was that?! They are soft and warm with the two layers of fleece. You can use a coupon at Joann to get a discount on the fleece or the kit. That's what I do. Hope you enjoyed my project! Have a great Holiday weekend! Thank you for stopping by to visit! 

HL 

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Strawberry Shortcake was a childhood fav of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!! Strawberry Shortcake brings back such happy memories!! What a fabulous project my friend!! I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing holiday weekend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit this is both easy and cuteness combined! I am looking forward to the blog hop!
    Enjoy you Memorial Day Weekend...
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE this Strawberry Shortcake blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always spent my half an hour to read this website's content all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post nokia e5 specification

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!