Follow me and I'll be happy to follow you, too!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Hello all..I was craving chocolate chip cookies so I whipped up a batch this afternoon. I am going to share the recipe with you in case you'd like to make some soon! They turned out delicious! Thanks for reading my post! Have a great weekend! ~Heather






Chocolate Chip Cookies






3/4 cup vegetable shortening



1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar



2 TBSP milk



1 TBSP vanilla extract



1 large egg



1 3/4 cups all purpose flour



1 tsp. salt



3/4 tsp baking soda



1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips



1 cup coarsely chopped pecan( optional) * I did not add the nuts.






Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in milk, vanilla, and egg. Stir in flour, salt and soda. Blend in chocolate chips and nuts. (if you are using them) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool for 2 minutes.



If nuts are omitted you can add an extra 1/2 cup of choc. chips.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!