Follow me and I'll be happy to follow you, too!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Layout and a card with the leftovers


Hello all! A couple of weeks ago snapfish had a sale on prints..100 for $5, shipped. I take LOTS and LOTS of pictures so I love those kind of deals. My order finally came today..yay! I found a couple of pictures I took of "Sandy} the squirrel in my yard earlier this month and decided to make a page for my scrapbook. I used DCWV ultimate stack for all of the papers, I even cut the title from the paper. I used my new corner chomper for the photos and mats. Love it! I had some snowflake diecut stickers by K&Company and used my smash stamp for the date.  Oh, and I used my Martha Stewart circle cutter for the circle and a tree punch by EK Success. That's it..super simple!






Then I used the leftovers to make a card. I used all of the same papers but added a piece of brown cardstock for the card base. I cut the owl with my stampin' up owl punch and added some twine by My Mind's Eye. Done!







 All of this took me maybe 30 minutes..that's about all the time I have alot of the time and I really like to finish things. I'm not good at leaving it out and working on it later! It bugs me..lol So, I am hoping to make a bunch of cards just to build up a stash..I am always waiting until the last darn minute and trying to make a card! Then it's late. Hope you all had a good day! Hope you had a little time to create something, too! I will be checking out everyone's creations! Thanks for visiting and commenting! I really appreciate it! ~HL <3

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the layout! I have a box full of pre made cards, but I need to work on some wedding/bridal shower ones. I've got lots of those coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! Yes, it's almost wedding season, huh? That means it's getting warmer..yay! Thanks for stopping by! hl

      Delete
  2. Hi Heather,great layout and card!! I love to make cards just to have on hand, a stash of cards is always good to have!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beauty of a LO in pretty quick time!
    Thanks for your comment,
    love joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fab to make that LO so quickly and yet it looks as if it took ages. And a card too!
    I used to have a stash of cards ready for the unexpected birthday popping along but I moved it to somewhere else and now I haven't a clue where they are. Doh! Me and tidy up in one sentence?
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!